How to Invest
Always read the prospectus, which contains important information about the Funds, before investing. You may download the prospectus from this website or call us at 800-332-5580 to request an investment kit. After reading the prospectus, you may invest the following ways:
1) New Shareholders (see bottom of page for minimum investment amounts)
- By Check: Mail a completed application and check* made payable to Sit Mutual Funds.
*Certain checks and other instruments are not accepted without prior approval, such as: third-party checks, money orders, travel checks, starter checks and credit card checks.
- By Wire: To open an account with wire proceeds**, you must first establish a Sit account number. Send a completed application and a request for a new account number. A representative will contact you with the new account number.
**Sit Mutual Funds does not charge a fee for incoming wires. Check with your bank for any fees that may be associated with sending a wire transfer.
2) Existing Shareholders (see bottom of page for minimum investment amounts)
- Exchange: You may exchange between Sit Funds (read the prospectus for the new Fund and consider the Fund’s investment objectives before exchanging).
- Call an investor services representative at 800-332-5580 (enter zero or say “operator” to bypass the automated system)
- Online through the Account Access. You must first establish a log in ID and password—from Account Access, click on the “register” link and follow the prompts (you will need your Sit Funds account number and social security number)
- Call the automated voice line at 800-332-5580. You must first establish an ID and password (follow voice prompts—you will need your Sit Funds account number and social security number).
- Check: Mail a check made payable to Sit Mutual Funds. A completed investment slip or a letter of instruction is also required.
- Wire: Wire proceeds to the Bank of New York Mellon (complete wire instructions). Check with your bank for any fees that may be charged (Sit Funds does not charge a fee to receive a wire).
- Automated Clearing House (ACH): Proceeds can be debited from your bank electronically and transferred to your Sit Fund.
- Call an investor services representative at 800-332-5580 (enter zero or say “operator” to bypass the automated system) to request a purchase
- Online via Account Access, under the “Trading” tab
- Automated telephone line at 800-332-5580
ACH bank information must first be established on your Sit Funds account. There are typically no fees for using ACH. You can add bank instructions on your application or add them later with a Change of Account Options Form or an IRA Change of Account Information Form, depending on the type of account you own. It can take up to 10 days to establish ACH banking information. Purchases via ACH are effective the next business day for requests made prior to the close of the New York Stock Exchange. These forms may be used at any time to change bank information.
Minimum Investment Amounts
Initial purchase minimums for the Sit Funds are $5,000 per Fund for a non-IRA account and $2,000 per Fund for an IRA account except for the following Funds: Class I shares of Sit Dividend Growth, Sit Global Dividend Growth, Sit Small Cap Dividend Growth and Sit ESG Growth Funds have a $100,000 minimum initial investment. Subsequent investments for all Funds are a minimum of $100. Please see the “Buying and Selling Shares” section of the prospectus for more details.